Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hanging with Yorick

Laurel and I spent some quality time in the pods today getting inside my skull. And I mean that literally, not figuratively.


If my blog were an anatomy atlas, I would draw in a bunch of arrows and walk you through the million foramina, fossae, and fissures therein. Thankfully, for the sake of both your sanity and mine, it isn't. Quirky person that I am, though, I will walk you through our time of hardcore studying.

He started out by sampling my caramel macchiato - I'm sure (I hope) coffee-making techniques have advanced for the better since his heyday.


Sadly, between the two of us, we polished it off pretty quick.


It potentially wasn't our brightest idea to caffeinate him, though. Pretty soon, he dived auditory meatus-first into 21st century technology, commandeering Laurel's iPod and rocking out to Outkast...


...after which he proceeded to chat up a storm of bone dust, and showed me a pencil tattoo under his eye socket that read "infraorbital fossa."

At some point, we gave up on the pretense of studying and spend many precious moments staring creepily at Laurel, much to her chagrin. Or amusement. I'm still not sure which.


We were having such a swell time, we didn't even realize it was time for solemn farewells.


On the bright side, we had a jaw-droppingly amazing time. Being crazy creepers.


(Shout-outs to Laurel, Dr. Pumplin, and Shakespeare)

7 comments:

  1. hahaha glad you're finding ways to make studying less painful. Also, nice haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grin. How do you know that Yorick was hung?

    My favorite is the headphones picture!

    Ooh, also, can you tell (a-la bones) that yorick is actually a boy? And! do you get to keep him through Halloween? because that would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am at a loss for words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww I love this. Yorick is an awesome name :D Obviously you're being very productive.

    also, way to be all stealthy and steal my hoodie :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. ekta, reading this post makes two things abundantly clear:
    1) yorick is a gem of a perso-...er...skull
    2) you need a new hobby

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol he seems like a blast. I like the haircut too:)

    ReplyDelete